Tuesday, February 13, 2007

When time gets scarce......

....it's very hard to maintain a diet. I've gotten slammed at work over the past couple of weeks - typically working until 6:30 pm-7:00 pm and I definitely don't feel like cooking a balanced meal when I get home. We also missed a week of getting groceries and had no fresh fruit/veggies for snacks - although I have been maintaining my "snacks" from the pre-approved snack drawer, instead of going to the vending machine.

A lack of time also means not getting to the gym for my required # of times - something else I am struggling with - it's either get all three visits and ball hockey or just ball hockey, there doesn't seem to be a happy-medium.

One thing I am nervous about is that I feel great just being down five pounds - and I don't want to stall in the weight loss. To reach my goal, I need to lose approximately another 10 pounds!

I also have a challenge next week as I'll be out of the province for work, which means lots of restaurants..... I'm going to have to be very conscientious in what I eat and snack on! We'll have to see if I have a fridge in my hotel room and I can buy some snacks when I get out there. I know at the breaks they typically always have cookies/danishes, etc. for snacks!

No comments: